We started CarCare To Go because we wanted to save you time and hassle. It turns out, however, that valet service also happens to be the safest way to take care of your car during a pandemic. That’s why through the end of 2020, we’re offering our valet service absolutely free to help make contactless car repair and maintenance an easy choice for you.
When it comes to your vehicle, the number one way to stay safe is to stay at home and avoid sharing vehicles or physically bringing your car yourself to a service center and exchanging it for a loaner or sharing a shuttle home.
That’s why we knew when launching CarCare To Go that our service is needed now more than ever. Oftentimes car service cannot and should not be ignored/delayed, and that’s where we come in.
How do we ensure that your car is sanitized and germ free when it’s returned to you? What does contactless mean? These are great and important questions that we wanted to answer on the blog today.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), COVID-19 is primarily spread “through exposure to respiratory droplets when a person is in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.” The CDC says that “people who are physically near (within 6 feet) a person with COVID-19 or have direct contact with that person are at greatest risk of infection.”
The CDC tells us that these respiratory droplets “can also land on surfaces and objects. It is possible that a person could get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes” — so, while a less common way to contract the virus, the risk is not zero.
There are many disinfectant chemicals that technically can kill the Coronavirus, but the one most effective according to the CDC is alcohol. Luckily, alcohol is one of the few chemical disinfectants listed on the EPA’s List N (list of approved chemicals to kill the virus) that is safe for use on car interiors and won’t generate noxious fumes unsafe for human inhalation, such as bleach.
The CarCare To Go sanitizing process accounts for both disinfection and ensuring that your car’s interior isn’t harmed. Our process:
- All team members and employees interacting with your car are temperature tested and screened before beginning work, and all employees are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All team members that will be interacting with your vehicle wash their hands using the CDC recommended guidelines.
- All team members wear protective gloves while servicing and driving the vehicle.
- Upon receiving the vehicle, we place protective seat covers and floor covers in the vehicle to avoid touching those common services.
- Using an alcohol based sanitizer, we wipe down the door handles, steering wheel, gear shifter, turn signal, and keys.
- After performing the service work, we use an alcohol based “hand sanitizer for your car” spray solution to disinfect the entire interior of your vehicle. Valued at $399, this service is completely free to CarCare To Go customers.
While there are no guarantees when it comes to this virus, CarCare To Go has taken every precaution and extra step to ensure your safety when it comes time to get your car road-ready. Book today to feel the joy of effortless, contactless car repair for yourself.